Thursday, March 10, 2011

Lovely Beetroot.

One more from Elephantine is this lovely looking salad with Beetroot. I had so much Beetroot from our garden and I couldn't come up with any great recipes but I will definitely do this one when my new lot are ready.

Beet_salad
Mixed greens, pistachios, onions, a splash of french vinaigrette, and roasted beets (slice one fresh beet, brush on about a teaspoon of olive oil, and roast at 180° for 20-30 mins).

These were my beets, don't they look delicious (minus the dirt), and they last for so long but I did read somewhere as soon as you pick veggies with any kind of stalk you should cut them off or all the flavour and goodness will go to stalks and leave the veggie.
I had a lot more than this too, I gave a fair bit away.

No comments:

Post a Comment