Sunday, September 12, 2010

Fredrika fabric Trees

Tutorial from Revoluzzza. I saw these ages ago then as usual lost them. So I bought the Ikea fabric and finally found the tutorial again and now will attempt to make my own trees, there so sweet and I love those apples.

Let’s start:

1. Drive to IKEA and buy a piece of the fabric FREDRIKA with the cute trees on it:

2. Cut them out and neat the edges:

Tree02

3. Decorate them – just as you like it. They look really nice even if you use them without extra decoration:

Tree03

4. Put the two halfs one on another - face to face - and sew them together. Of yourse you have to leave a little opening to fill the wadding inside the tree. Finally you close the tree by hand with the blind stitch:

Tree04

And – that’s it!

Trees

You can hang the tree into a window, use it as a decoration or even as a pillow.

2 comments:

  1. love these trees!! I´m doing a puppet theatre with lots of flowers and animals, maybe I´ll try some kind of fredika trees, too! thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for your comment, they are lovely. I have made a couple with wheat and lavender so they can be warmed and used in winter. Good luck with your project and thanks again for reading my blog, means alot!!

    ReplyDelete