Well, I had some leftovers from making the bulletin board.
One of things I did with them are these:
I just adore them. I even wore the bicycle one out tonight on my date with my hubby.
They are really simple to make and making these made me think of many other small things I could do similar with my scraps (Christmas ornaments, magnetic frames, etc.).
Let me share with you the creation process of these little things.
You will need: -Cork board -Scissors -Writing utensil to trace with -Jump ring -Necklace to put it on -Mod Podge -Optional: Paint, Scrapbook papers, etc. -Clip art/pictures to use to trace
1. Find some clip art on your computer or search the web for some pictures/silhouettes you like. (You could even do a child's profile silhouette! How cute would that be?). I search the web by going to yahoo.com and searching under their images section. It's easier to sift through for me.
2. Print out the pictures, cut them out, then trace them on the cork board. I do this on the backside so no markings will be on the front (because I used a pen and don't want it to show).
3. Cut out the silhouette from the cork board and do what you want with it.
Paint it. Mod Podge paper to it.
Add glitter. Draw on it.
4. After you decorate it or don't decorate it, I suggest covering it with a layer of Mod Podge (front and back). This will help the cork board be more durable.
5. Take something sharp, like the end of manicure scissors/toothpick/etc., and poke a small hole where you want the jump ring to go. Then stick it on.
6. Slip it on your necklace and there you go :)
This post was from Oh So Happy Together blog. Awesome blog i've just discovered over the last few weeks so I recommend checking it out. Such a great idea and something i really would like to try out now if the shops were open at midnight. Re Once again Loch is here as i'm writing this, he fell asleep at 7pm which is early for him so now he's awake and being so loud. Man he does not stop talking!!! and he's reciting the entire alphabet as I type, he's pretty good too.